What are the benefits of an awning?
Not sure if you need an awning for your home? Here are five unbeatable reasons it’ll be a sound investment.
1. You’ll protect your family, friends, and outdoor celebrations from the wind and rain. (Check each model to find out the protection.)
2. Harmful UV rays will be prevented from filtering through.
3. You’ll get to use your garden more – even when the weather turns.
4. They’re incredibly low maintenance. Loose dirt can be brushed off and a simple clean with water and mild soap is all that’s needed.
5. It’ll enhance the look of your home and, in some cases, raise its value.
Awnings can also protect rooms from becoming overly hot in the sun if they, for example, south facing. If you have large bifold doors, an awning covers these and stops the room from becoming sweltering hot.
What misconceptions and mistakes are made when choosing an awning?
People often forget to include a wind sensor when ordering an awning. This retracts when the wind picks up, and without it you could cause damage to the awning itself or even your property.
Opting for a cheaper awning without a cassette is another mistake and will result in fabric and moving parts which typically have a shorter lifespan.
How can I decide on the right awning?
Think about the area you’d like to cover and send us some photos to get the best advice. For instance, if the projection is greater than the width, one of our fixed framed awnings would be best.
What’s the one tip you’d offer when buying an awning?
Make sure you speak to an expert! We offer a free survey to go through your options and our advice is free, too.
What else should I take into consideration?
Think about how you expect to use your awning and the features you might need. For example, our home automation products allow you to set up when your awning automatically opens and retracts.